Previously the court of Munsif Mathura was situated near District Civil Hospital (at present where is Vikas Market), which was shifted in new Building in the year 1902 A.D. now called Old Munsifi compound, just opposite of the judgeship
Later on the Courts of Civil Judge (Renamed Civil Judge Senior Division) and Additional Sessions Judge created.
Mathura Session Division started in 1951. Sri Girish Chandra Srivastava was the first DistrictSessions Judge of Mathura who took charge on 25.09.1951. This judgeship has a privilege of eminent District Judges who had been elevated to Honable High Court as Judge High
Court namely Sri O.P. Mehrotra, Sri N.B. Asthana, Sri P.K. Jain, Sri J.C. Mishra, Sri Dev Kant Trivedi, Sri S.S. Kulshrestha, Sri J.M. Paliwal, Sri O.N. Khandelwal, Sri M.K.Mittal, Sri Y.K. Singhal and Sri Virendra Singh, Sri. S.V.S. Rathore, Sri Virendra Vikram Singh.
In this district there are 4 Tehsils naming Sadar, Chhata, Mant and Mahavan. At present there is one out-lying courts at Chhata working since 22.12.1997.